Fall is back to school season, but it feels like a time for new beginnings for more than just students and teachers. Here’s how to truly sanitize your workspace in order to give yourself the feeling of a fresh start.
As your kids go off to class with fresh, new pencils and notebooks, you may be feeling the need to declutter and organize your workspace. A tidy work area can help you feel more productive and motivated, so it’s worth taking the time to spruce things up. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you keep your workspace clean and organized.
- Invest in some reasonable storage solutions. This could be anything from pretty storage baskets to labeled mason jars. Having a place for everything will help you keep your desk more organized.
- Set aside sometime each day to tidy up your desk. Even just a few minutes to put away loose papers or organize your pens can make a big difference.
- Don’t be afraid to purge every once in a while. Go through your desk and remove any old papers or school supplies you don’t need anymore. This will help you keep your space more decluttered.
- Make use of technology. Utilize online planners and organizers to help you keep track of assignments and due dates. This can also help you clear up some physical space on your desk.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your workspace is always clean.
How to sanitize your workspace in a hurry
Now that you have a plan, here are a few tips to help you clean and sanitize your workspace in a hurry.
- Wipe down all surfaces with a disinfectant or antibacterial wipes. This includes your desk, computer keyboard, mouse, and frequently used surfaces.
- Empty your trash can and give it a quick wipe down.
- Dust all surfaces, including your monitor, bookshelves, and other areas where dust accumulates.
- Vacuum any carpets or flooring in your workspace.
- If you have time, open the windows to let some fresh air in.
By taking a few minutes to sanitize your workspace, you’ll be able to start this time of year off with a clean slate (literally!).
What supplies you’ll need to keep it clean
When it’s time to declutter, organize and clean, you’ll need a few essential supplies to keep things clean. First, a good dust cloth or feather duster will come in handy for dusting off your desk and shelving. You’ll also need some all-purpose cleaner and paper towels for wiping down surfaces. A lint roller is also suitable for keeping your clothes clean and dust-free. Finally, a small trash can will help you keep your space tidy by allowing you to dispose of any garbage quickly. With these supplies on hand, you’ll be able to save your workspace clean and clutter-free so you can focus on your work.
Running an office or commercial building is a lot of work. Let Grandmother’s Touch help keep your property safe, hygienic, and welcoming. We offer a wide variety of convenient commercial cleaning, maintenance, and restoration services to ensure that your building is always sparkling clean. Whether you need a one-time emergency service or weekly routine commercial office cleaning in Toronto, our team is committed to providing our clients friendly, detail-oriented service. Contact us for a quote today.